On Thursday 7th March all classes got involved with World Book Day. We held a fundraising event with a 'Stay and Play Booky Breakfast' where children came in early and shared a book with their parents. Tea and toast was available to help raise funds the World Book Day charity.
Welcome to Newton Regis Church of England Primary School
Set in the peaceful rural village of Newton Regis our small, friendly primary school provides excellent facilities for learning and play for children aged between 3 and 11. Located on the outskirts of Tamworth we welcome children from surrounding villages, as well as from Tamworth itself. We offer:
- Small class sizes and a real focus on each individual child
- High academic standards: In 2018 we achieved the top ranking in Warwickshire for our maths SATs results
- Flexible, high quality pre-school provision, fully integrated with the school to provide a happy transition into Reception
- A fun, theme-based curriculum to engage our young learners
- A small friendly school community
- Excellent secondary school options. We are in catchment for The Polesworth School, rated Outstanding by Ofsted
This week we received some fantastic news about our 2018 SATs results. We have come 1st in the Warwickshire League tables for our maths SATs results and 4th for our reading out of 240 Warwickshire schools. A massive congratulations to Evie, Molly, Tilli-Beau, Cody, Henry and Seth for such a fantastic achievement. We are very proud of our school!
On Thursday 20th December, pupils from Mandarin and King Eider performed a variety of Christmas Carols at Newton Regis Garden Centre to say thank you for donating such a fabulous tree for our school hall. A fantastic performance by all.
These were our winning entries for our Children in Need 'Spotty Cake Off'. 1st Place went to Jack and Ollie , 2nd Place to Grace and 3rd Place to Rosalie. Well done for your fantastic efforts - they were all delicious!
A massive well done to all parents and children on raising a fantastic amount for Children in Need this year. We had a fabulous day dressing up and decorating cakes and biscuits to sell in our end of day cake sale. We managed to raise £300 for the charity which is a record for our small school!