This week Mandarin class held their celebration for the fantastic "Scream Machine" topic. Parents were invited to test out the amazing egg drop rides that the children had created with Mrs Hall along with sharing the other brilliant work they had completed during the half term. They did manage to break quite a few eggs during the making and testing process... But fun was definitely had by all!
Welcome to Newton Regis Church of England Primary School
Set in the peaceful rural village of Newton Regis our small, friendly primary school provides excellent facilities for learning and play for children aged between 2 and a half and 11. We offer:
- Small class sizes and a real focus on each individual child
- A range of before and after school care, providing support for busy parents
- Flexible, high quality nursery provision, fully integrated with the school to provide a happy transition into Reception
- A fun theme-based curriculum to engage our young learners
- A friendly school community
- Excellent secondary school options. We are in catchment for The Polesworth School, rated Outstanding by Ofsted
Children at Newton Regis CofE Primary School enjoyed a 'Health and Physical Activity Day' provided by Premier Education. Years 2-6 experienced an Archery lesson whilst Reception and Year 1 took part in a story based session called Jolly Olly Sports Island. The day was thoroughly enjoyed by all children and staff.
Mandarin children began their new topic 'Scream Machine' with a fun-filled day out at Drayton Manor. The children were able to experience the exciting rides for themselves before an educational session in the centre finding out about how roller coasters are built and the forces need to make them work. They also got to build their own KNex roller coasters which was great fun. Here are a few pictures of their fantastic day out...