Ducklings is our on-site Nursery Class of approximately 13 children in any one session aged between 2.5 and 3 years old. Ducklings is led by Early Years Lead Teacher Mrs Barclay and Early Educator Mrs Bushnell, and supported by Teaching Assistants Mrs Samways and Mrs Smith. The staff in Nursery are all experts in giving little ones a happy and productive start to their learning journey! We offer:
- close integration between Nursery, Reception and Year 1, which helps children to progress happily and confidently through the Early Years Foundation Stage and the beginning of Key Stage 1
- caring, approachable and experienced staff led by a qualified teacher
- flexible sessions and start dates
- a modern, purpose-built Nursery with good facilities and excellent indoor and outdoor resources
- a reassuring staged induction programme to help children to settle into the setting
- a balance of adult-supported structured learning activities and independent opportunities for free flow play
Our focus is learning through fun! Teaching and play are both carefully planned to entice and support your child as they develop their skills and confidence. Your child’s progress is documented through an online journal called ‘Tapestry’ (Learning Journey) which can be accessed through an app to enable parents/carers to keep continually up-to-date with their child’s progression. In this way, we cover the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Curriculum through a wide variety of structured and child-initiated activities, encouraging children to learn independence alongside many social and academic skills, helping your little one to flourish. Our Nursery has a warm, caring atmosphere and because it is fully integrated into school, children quickly develop into confident members of Newton Regis Primary and Nursery School and are well-prepared for their transition into starting school in their Reception Year.